Rising Tide is a catalyst aiding in the birthing of a cooperative consciousness that will ultimately enable humanity to awaken to our true condition of unity, interconnectedness and interdependence.
We follow the wisdom of the great teachers of humanity who represent the realization that behind all words, forms and paths is the understanding that there is only one ocean out of which all waves arise.
Universal Sufism, which is at the root of many of the offerings at Rising Tide, holds no religion above any other and upholds the conviction that illuminated souls offered inspired guidance to humanity both at the time they lived and as a message that is timeless. Rising Tide honors these teachings and teachers of the past, while also offering a living belief suited to this time. Membership in Rising Tide is enjoyed by people of many different faiths and religions.
The values and principles that contribute to the intention of Rising Tide are:
- A global consciousness of unity
- The recognition of non-material existence
- The support for spiritual freedom and peace work
- Communion based on inclusiveness and an openness to all ages
- The sanctity of community
- Harmony and beauty
- Healing and contribution to the well-being of others and self
Rising Tide has the following three objects, drawn from the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan:
- 1. To realize and spread the knowledge of unity, the religion of love and wisdom, so that the bias of faiths and beliefs may of itself fall away, the human heart may overflow with love, and all hatred caused by distinctions and differences may be rooted out.
- 2. To discover the light and power latent in man, the secret of all religion, the power of mysticism, and the essence of philosophy, without interfering with customs or belief.
- 3. To help to bring the world’s two opposite poles, East and West, closer together by the interchange of thought and ideals, that the Universal Family may form of itself and human may meet with human beyond the narrow national and racial boundaries.